CALMET 500 is a preparation of Calcium Carbonate. Calcium is used in the treatment of deficiency states and as a dietary supplement when intake may be inadequate.
CALMET 500 Tablet : Each film coated tablet contains 500 mg of elemental Calcium USP.
1. Increased (raised) Calcium requirement, e.g. during pregnancy or breast-feeding (lactation).
2. In children and adolescents at the time of rapid growth.
3. Prevention and treatment of osteoporosis.
4. Disorders of osteogenesis and tooth formation.
5. Latent tetany.
6. Inadequate intake of calcium in the diet due to malnutrition.
Dosage and Administration:
One tablet daily or as directed by the physician.
Hypercalcemia, hypercalciuria & severe renal insufficiency etc.
In the presence of mild hypercalciuria (excretion levels must be carefully monitored and where necessary the dose of calcium carbonate tablets be reduced or treatment be stopped). Adequate amount of water should be drink during calcium intake to prevention the kindney problem.
Mild gastrointestinal disturbance (diarrhoea or constipation), bradycardia and arrythmia.
The absorption of tetracyclines and biphosphonate is reduced by oral calcium. It increases the risk of hypercalcaemia with thiazides. Calcium therapy should not be given with antacid.
Store in a cool dry place & keep out of reach of children.
CALMET 500 Tablet : Each box contains 5x10 tablets in blister pack.